If you have decided to visit Melbourne for a short vacation, be aware as you may end up living here! The city is breathtaking, with iconic sites to spruce up your adventure. Whether you are a visitor, blogger, or want to get new shots for your Instagram, Melbourne is the place to visit. Getting the right locations to take epic pictures is relatively easy but can be daunting without a local guide. So I hope this Instagram worthy places in Melbourne guide will help you.
13 most instagrammable places in Melbourne
- 13 most instagrammable places in Melbourne
- 1. Cook’s Cottage
- 2. Pink Lake Melbourne
- 3. Luna Park and St Kilda Beach
- 4. Flinders Street Station
- 5. State Library of Victoria
- 6. The Royal Botanic Gardens
- 7. Hosier Lane
- 8. The Eureka tower
- 9. Queen Victoria Market
- 10. Carlton Garden
- 11. The National Gallery of Victoria
- 12. Webb Bridge
- 13. Brighton Beach Boxes
- Let me know in the comments:
1. Cook’s Cottage
This English cottage is Australia’s oldest house! It belonged to Captain Cook’s parents. Bought in England, dismantled, and reconstructed brick by brick here in Fitzroy Garden in Melbourne. Yep you read that right. Every single brick in the house was numbered as it was deconstructed and painstakingly packed into 253 cases and 40 barrels for shipping. The cottage then set sail from Hull aboard the Port Dunedin to Victoria.
You can also visit inside & vibe into18th century life. It is closed at this stage but the surrounding public gardens offer a serene vista spot for locals and tourists alike.🍃
2. Pink Lake Melbourne
This Pink lake in Melbourne is one of the cool places in Melbourne to visit. Not only for its unique color but also because it is easy to get to from the city center. Both of these reasons make it one of the best Instagram worthy places in Melbourne.
So the question now is what makes it pink? Algae growing in the lake’s salt crust produce red pigment, called beta carotene as part of their photosynthesis process, and given the other right conditions are present it turns pink when salt levels are higher than usual.
3. Luna Park and St Kilda Beach
One of the other instagrammable places in Melbourne is St Kilda. It’s one of the most popular places to visit due to its proximity to the city and is in close proximity to Luna Park. At the beach, you will find people playing volleyball, cricket, and Frisbee on sunny days. The water is normally filled with swimmers from all over and kite surfers. You can take a walk down the area to spot the penguins that come out during dusk. You can also opt for an evening walk to capture the serene area around St Kilda Pier. There are palm trees within the area that line luna park. It’s quite popular for watching the sunset.
4. Flinders Street Station
The station is located on one of the busiest commuter hubs in Melbourne. However, it provides photographers the best background for their images. The canary-yellow walls and the glorious doom roof are excellent for Instagram photos. You can choose to visit the area at night for better photos.
5. State Library of Victoria
A library is an iconic place for all tourists. It features LA Trobe reading Room that visitors cannot have enough of today. The creativity behind the Room gives off a wizard vibe. It has an octagonal shape, long white walls, and spaced reading tables that contribute to the building’s general aesthetics. The 150-year-old building has exceptional rooms and balconies that have great spots to take pictures.
The landmark is a cultural icon for Melbourne with the most appreciated icons. It holds over two million books, pictures, maps, manuscripts, and digital material.
6. The Royal Botanic Gardens
If you want a more relaxed, calm set up, you should consider going to the royal botanical gardens. Here you will find a breathtaking view of what nature has to offer: the lush rainforests, cactus gardens, and serene lakes all for your instream glam. The location is open to everyone every day of the week, encouraging more people to stream in. The huge leafy trees are a great aesthetics for your beautiful Instagram page.
7. Hosier Lane
Take a stroll down the bluestone laneway and get a riveting view of urban street art. Hosier lane is infamous for its diversity in art culture. The lane is covered with different colors, characters, and shapes made by local and international artists. You can easily manage a tour around the area to learn more about the artists and their work. There is a lot of art on the walls—windows and bins in the area. You can opt for a cold drink at Bar Tini, which is not located far from the main event.
8. The Eureka tower
The Eureka Tower offers one of the best views of the city. It’s over 300 meters in the clouds allowing the tourists to have a breathtaking sight of the whole vicinity. The tower is fitted with two lifts that propel visitors to level 88 in only 40 seconds. The Skydeck 88 takes tourists to the edge where there is a switchable glass cube with openings on the sides.
It’s located on the Southbank, relatively easy to spot. You will get to experience the panorama effect plus many other activities the place has to offer.
9. Queen Victoria Market
Another most instagrammable places in Melbourne is Queen Victoria Market. The market has different sections and one of the alleyways also features Melbourne skyscrapers.
10. Carlton Garden
11. The National Gallery of Victoria
You can easily add to the picturesque culture by visiting the National Gallery of Victoria. It is an exquisite place to get quality pictures for your Instagram feed. The building features artifacts, sculptures, and paintings that rank the place very highly. It hosts the best exhibitions nationwide with more permanent exhibits for tourists. The most famous piece is Leonard French’s stained glass located in the main hall.
12. Webb Bridge
13. Brighton Beach Boxes
If you have considered Melbourne as a tourist destination, you must have already come across the Brighton Beach Boxes photos. It has over eighty beaches in the vicinity for the past one hundred years. The beaches are colorful and iconic for all Instagrammers and bloggers. Locals own the boxes in the area, decorate it aesthetically and do not sublet to tourists.
There so many Instagram worthy places in Melbourne and incredible travel experiences. The above areas are quite exceptional, especially for Instagram. Just carry a good camera!
Let me know in the comments:
- If you’ve had any questions about Instagram worthy places in Melbourne.
- Best Day Hikes from Melbourne
- Melbourne day trips in winter
- Australia east coast must-see
- Melbourne travel guide for first timers is here.
- Secret melbourne walks
- Free camping on the great ocean road
- Things to do in Melbourne when raining
- Tips for moving from Sydney to Melbourne
- Pros and cons of living in Australia
- How about the best canola fields in NSW
- Next weekend’s idea? -> check out the top things to do in Northern NSW
- Sydney itinerary 5 days is here.
- Another idea – best things to do in Liverpool nsw
- Secret Melbourne walks is out now!
- 99% of readers found must see on the east coast of Australia helpful.
- Read best day trips from Sydney by train
- The best things to do in Eden NSW is here.
- Check out how you can explore Adelaide South Australia the best way.
- Heading to iconic Alice Springs for that unique Uluru trip?
- Here I share must do in Darwin, Australia.
- Solo travel guide to Brisbane (Insta worthy places included!
- Heading to Perth, read things to do in Perth
- Review of Captain Cook Cruises whale watching Sydney
- Next Stop? check out the most beautiful places in New Zealand South Island.
- Going to Vietnam after Australia? Check out the 7 days Hanoi travel guide.
- Check accommodation prices and book it through trusted Agoda, or Booking.com
- For flights, I use the most trusted sites such as Skyscanner or Momodo.
- I have detailed travel resources right here. Save money, learn what and how.
- If you like this article, follow my adventures on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest, but most importantly sign up to my e-mail list to keep up with updates and travel posts!