Seoul is the capital city of South Korea for 600 years and since few decades one of the most happening cities in Asia. With many Instagram-worthy places, interesting landmarks, 14 UNESCO heritage sites, and tons of moderns cafes and restaurants. So if you are looking for some of the best cafes in Seoul, you have come to the right place! Whether you are a solo traveler or traveling in a group there is a cafe for everyone in Seoul.
Something worth mentioning here is that it’s normal to see the two different addresses for the cafes and destinations. Also, Google Maps doesn’t work very well in Korea, recommend downloading KakaoMap.
Do you know the longest bridge fountain in the world is located on the Banpo Grand Bridge (1140 m) over the Han River in Seoul?
Anyway without further ado, let’s start the best cafes in Seoul. These cafes are known for their amazing coffees, and many of them showcase their award-winning interiors too. I have broken down the list according to the four main areas in South Korea so it should be easier to find them.
Note: This is a guest post by Pretty, a fellow solo female traveler.
Cute cafes in Seoul
Hongdae is a suburb in Seoul, South Korea near Hongik University, in fact, is also named after the same name university. It is a bustling area known for its urban arts and indie music culture, local shops, clubs, and entertainment.
Below are some of the most instagrammable cafes in
- King’s Cross Harry Potter Cafe (themed cafe)
- L’Air Du Temps
- Yri Café and Bar
- La Douce
- Milo coffee Roasters
- Jebi Dabang (Chwihan Jebi)
- Ban Bossy Boutique
- Four B Basic
- Coffee Libre
- Cafe aA
- VER’s House
- Cafe Highwaist
- Clarte Coffee
- Coffee Nap Roasters
- Thanks Nature Cafe
- Bold Coffee
- Table A
- Clink Cafe & Diner
- Dessert Factory
- Yeonnam Bangagan
- Cafe Millee
- Be Sweet On
- Le Petit Four
- Meerkat Cafe
- Bau House
- Yri Cafe
- Coffee Only
- Puffy Paw Dog Cafe ( themed cafes)
- Sunnyne Dog Cafe
- Cats Living
- Cafe Yeonnam (2D cafe)
- Greem Cafe
Most Instagrammable cafes in Sydney
Itaewon is known for its nightlife and an electric neighborhood full of vintage shops, bars, and clubs. Probably one of the reasons why foreigners and ex-pats are seen more around here than in Hongdae.
Here are the best coffee shops in Itaewon.
- Plant Cafe Seoul
- Sundance Place
- Coffee Smith Itaewon
- Kenya Kiambu Coffee
- Identity Coffee Lab
- Orang Orang
- The Mi Three Shiba Cafe
- Upside Coffee
- The Flying Pan Blue
- Cafe Rosso
- Chan’s Bros
- Egg Drop
- Analog Kitchen
- Slow Steady Club
- Cafe Miei
- Vacant Shop
- Cafe Tweed
- Social Club Seoul
Now, this is the area, as you may know, is internationally famous because of the song that became popular a few years ago. Not only that Gangnam is also known as one of the richest districts in South Korea and is home to many big names brand stores, underground shopping centers, and malls.
This best cafes in Seoul list wouldn’t be complete without including original Seoul cafes in Gangnam.
- Get Some Coffee
- DIOR Cafe
- Paris Baguette Gangnam Station
- Line Friends Cafe Garosu-gil
- Butterfinger Pancakes
- Chloris Tea & Coffee
- Ediya Coffee Lab
- Blue Room
- Ediya Coffee Yeoksam Star
- Butter Finger Pancake Gangnam
- BeansBins Coffee Garosugil
- Chloris Tea & Coffee
- Sum Cafe
- Maman Gateau
- Cafe Madang – Maison Hermes
- Shim Story Seoul
- Manmade Wooyoungmi
Best Instagrammable cafes in Hanoi
I would say this area is still somewhat a hidden gem in Korea. Not known by many, Seongsu-dong is a trendy uber-cool neighbourhood popular amongst locals. It is also known as the Brooklyn of Seoul or East London because of the cool warehouse cafes, and boutique shops.
Below are some of the best cafes in Seoul, Seongsu-Dong.
- Cafe Onion Seongsu
- Cafe Ake
- Cafe Poze
- Friday Movement
- Cafe Bot
- Center Coffee
- Daerim Warehouse
- share D table
- Person B
Let me know in the comments:
- if you have been to any of these best cafes in Seoul
- Check out Cats and Dogs cafe in Singapore
- Scariest travel stories
- 14 benefits of traveling alone
- Read Hanoi itinerary for 7 days
- Here are the 11 best bars in Hanoi you don’t want to miss
- Solo travel to Phu Quoc island
- Pros and Cons of living in Vietnam
- How to travel to Nepal during Covid
- Singapore itinerary for 3 nights 4 days is here
- Ayutthaya Private Tour
- Street food tour Bangkok
- Secrets of Melbourne you don’t want to miss
- Melbourne day trips in winter
- Australia east coast must-see
- Melbourne travel guide for first timers is here.
- Instagram worthy places in Melbourne
- Secret melbourne walks
- Free camping on the great ocean road
- Things to do in Melbourne when raining
- Tips for moving from Sydney to Melbourne
- Pros and cons of living in Australia
- Check hotel prices and book it through trusted Agoda, or Booking.com
- For flights, I use the most trusted sites such as Skyscanner or Momodo.
- I have detailed travel resources right here. Save money, learn what and how.
- If you like this article, follow my adventures on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest, but most importantly sign up to my e-mail list to keep up with updates and travel posts!